ABOUT THE HOST
WHO WE ARE?
PHILIPPINE TECHNOLOGICAL COUNCIL
- Umbrella organization (non-stock, non-profit, private entity) of all integrated professional organizations in the country
- Professional Accreditation body for engineering education programs under the Washington Accord and the FEIAP Guidelines
ACCREDITATION AND INTERNATIONAL RECOGNITION OF ENGINEERING PROGRAMS
- Assessment and evaluation of engineering programs towards accreditation and recognition as meeting the Graduate Qualifications requirements for entry to practice in accordance with : Washington Accord and the FEIAP Guidelines.
- Professional Registration Body for engineering professionals under the following:
REGISTRATION AND CERTIFICATION OF ENGINEERING PROFESSIONALS
Assessment, evaluation and registration of individual engineering professionals according to international standards for independent professional practice – International recognition of Engineering Practice Qualifications – In accordance with: ASEAN, APEC, and International Professional Engineering Registers (Engineers, Technologists and Technicians)
PTC International Memberships
- AFEO Founding Chair – ASEAN Federation of Engineering Organizations
- IEA – International Engineering Alliance
- Educational Accords (Washington Accord, Sydney Accord and Dublin Accord)
- Competence Agreements ( APEC Engineer, Int’l. Professional Engineer, Engg. Technologists, Engg Technicians)
FEIAP – Federation of Engineering Institutions of Asia and the Pacific
PTC is a recognized Accreditation Body and Accreditation System
- FEIAP Guidelines for Engineering Education
- FEIAP Guidelines for Technologists Education
- FEIAP Guidelines for Technician Education
WFEO – World Federation of Engineering Organizations
AQAN –ASEAN Quality Assurance Network - the framer of the ASEAN Quality Assurance Framework (AQAF)
NABEEA – Network of Accrediting Bodies for Engineering Education
Background Information about FEIAP
The Federation of Engineering Institutions of Asia and the Pacific (FEIAP) is an international non-profit professional organization that was founded as The Federation of Engineering Institutions of Southeast Asia and the Pacific (FEISEAP) on 06 July 1978. The establishment of FEISEAP was convened and organized by The Engineering Institute of Thailand under The King’s Patronage on 03 July 1978 in Chiang Mai, with the support of the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
It was in Cebu City, Philippines during FEISEAP’S 14TH General Assembly on 26 November 2007 that the question concerning the continuation of FEISEAP was discussed. This eventually led to the change in its name to FEIAP as incorporated in the Constitution that was adopted during the Special General Assembly of the Federation that was held in Hanoi, Vietnam on 02 June 2008. The Federation is an international member of the World Federation of Engineering Organizations (WFEO).
Being an independent umbrella organization for the engineering institutions in the Asia and the Pacific regions, FEIAP broadened its scope to bring the member countries closer together with the following objectives:
- To encourage the application of technical progress to the economic and social advancement throughout the world;
- To advance engineering as a profession in the interest of all people;
- To foster cooperation and the exchange of information;
- To study issues concerning engineering education, continuing professional development and qualifications of engineers; and
- to foster activities of institutions of engineers in its region.
These goals sum up to FEIAP’s core value of having a network that promotes the concept and application of sustainable socio-economic development in engineering practices, making it a premier professional organization for Asia and the Pacific.
The 30th FEIAP General Assembly and the 6th International Convention will be on 27-29 July 2022 in Waterfront Hotel in Cebu City, Philippines. This will be hosted by the Philippine Technological Council which is a pioneering member of FEIAP and the Professional Accreditation body for engineering education programs in the country that was established under the FEIAP Guidelines and the Washington Accord.
The FEIAP General Assembly is a yearly activity that serves as a venue for lively discussions among professional engineers regarding technological advances and issues relevant to the practice and advancement of the engineering professions in and around Asia and the Pacific regions in ways that are mutually beneficial in support of the member countries’ sustainable socio-economic development objectives.
ABOUT THE HOST
The Philippine Technological Council (PTC) is a non-stock, non-profit, private entity and is an umbrella organization of all integrated professional organizations in the Philippines. It is the Professional Accreditation body for the Philippine Engineering Education Programs aimed towards the international recognition of Filipino Engineers compliant with the Graduate Qualifications requirements thereby capacitating them to globally practice their engineering profession in accordance with the Washington Accord and the FEIAP Guidelines.
The PTC serves as the Professional Registration Body for the engineering professionals under the following Registers:
- APEC Engineer Registry [with the Philippine Professional Regulations Commission (PRC) and the Commission on Higher Education (CHED)];
- ASEAN Engineering Registry
- ASEAN Chartered Professional Engineer Registry (also with PRC and CHED)
As such, the Council conducts assessments, evaluation and officiates the registration of individual engineering professionals according to the international standards for independent professional practice and for the international recognition of Engineering Practice Qualifications in conformity with the ASEAN, APEC, and international Professional Engineering Registers for Engineers, Technologists and Technicians.
PTC is the Founding Chair of the ASEAN Federation of Engineering Organizations. The Council likewise is a member of the International Engineering Alliance (IEA), actively engaged in the Educational Accords such as the Washington Accord, Sydney Accord and the Dublin Accord, as well as the Competence Agreements on APEC Engineer, International Professional Engineer, the Engineering Technologists, and the Engineering Technicians. As an affiliate with the Federation of Engineering Institutions of Asia and the Pacific (FEIAP) ,PTC is recognized in the active involvement in carrying out the FEIAP Guidelines for Engineering Education, Technologists Education and Technician Education.
The Council is also a functional and committed member of the World Federation of Engineering Organizations (WFEO), the ASEAN Quality Assurance Network which is the framer of the ASEAN Quality Assurance Framework (AQAF), and the Network of Accrediting Bodies for Engineering Education in Asia (NABEEA).
ABOUT THE 30TH FEIAP GENERAL ASSEMBLY AND 6TH INTERNATIONAL CONVENTION
Being instrumental in founding the FEIAP in 2007, the 30th FEIAP General Assembly and 6th International Convention will carry on the banner of FEIAP’s objectives with PTC’s support through this year’s theme of promoting “Engineering Education, Accreditation and Mobility Geared Towards Industry 5.0”. This will be held in The Waterfront Hotel in Cebu City, Philippines on July 27-29, 2022.
The three-day Convention and General Assembly will commence with the usual opening remarks, keynote, and plenary talks that will center on Engineering Education, Engineering Accreditation, Engineering Mobility, and Environmental Sustainability and Circular Economy. In keeping with and highlighting the core topics of this convention, there will be four (4) technical sessions with well-known and respected international and local technical keynote speakers who are authorities and have gained significant experiences in these areas. Oral and poster presentations will be staged on the second day. Focus group discussions will be facilitated by the FEIAP Standing Committees.